This page features a selection of the books that I have read since I started keeping track of my reading in 2011. I grew up on a steady diet of science fiction and fantasy, which I still enjoy immensely. Over time I branched out into the realms of literary fiction as well as non-fiction. I try to read as widely as possible, which means I do have an ever increasing pile of to-read books near my bedside.
Book titles link to their respective Goodreads pages.
- American Gods – Neil Gaiman
- The Obstacle is the Way – Ryan Holiday
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality – Eliezer Yudkowsky
- This has been on my to-read list ever since it came out and I read the first ten chapters, but I wanted to wait until it was finished so I could take it all in at my own pace.
- The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master – Andrew Hunt & David Thomas
- Mrs. Dalloway – Virginia Woolf
- Flowers for Algernon – Daniel Keynes
- Dracula – Bram Stoker
- The Martian – Andy Weir
- Logicomix – Apostolos Doxiadis
- On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft – Stephen King
- Combination master class and memoir with the grip of a page-turner.
- 1Q84 – Haruki Murakami
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- Maus – Art Spiegelman
- An amazing graphic novel telling a personal story from World War II.
- Psyche / Fidessa – Louis Couperus (nld)
- Lolita – Vladimir Nabokov
- Frankenstein or, The Modern Prometheus – Mary Shelley
- The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Neverwhere – Neil Gaiman
- Nineteen Eighty-Four – George Orwell
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time – Mark Haddon
- Originally read some time in primary school and it stuck with me for a long time. It held up re-reading it so many years later.
- Eilande – Dan Sleigh (afr)
- Filter Bubble – Eli Pariser
- Good Omens – Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman